“Work, work, work, work, work, work….” I think I can somewhat relate to Rihanna’s latest single. I am so busy with working as of lately that whenever a friend asks me, “what have I been up to,” my answer is becoming very repetitive.. ” Nothing, just busy working.” I don’t know about you guys but I am becoming so overwhelmed that sometimes I struggle with what to wear in the morning. It consumes so much of my time, since I choose to sleep a little longer instead of waking up earlier. Now, I am starting to get back into my old habit of preparing my outfits the night before. It saves me so much time in the morning and now all I have to do is throw the clothes right on!
So, I figured why not share some work outfit essentials and ideas with you guys, if you’re dealing with that same dilemma. You can always use these professional work attire looks for when you come across that interview where you need to look professional and your best!
Now, for us women/young ladies we have to always make sure that certain clothing’s do not appear too revealing or that anything is too short. At the same time, you do not want to be too covered up where you feel like you’re losing a sense of style. There is a way to look sophisticated and professional with a stylish touch!
- Turtleneck’s are one of the perfect ways to stay stylish and still be professional. They can range from thin turtlenecks to think turtlenecks, or short sleeves and long sleeve. It is probably best worn during the winter or if they are blasting the air conditioner at work.
- Button-down shirt’s are a must-have! You can never go wrong with a button-down shirt. There are so many different styles that is essential to have. It can make a pair of pants and skirt look very professional. – Always be sure that it is ironed!
- Blazer’s help you achieve the best polish and professional look. It is a form of coverup when your shoulders are revealing and it can also add a whole different look to your style. The stylish blazers (ex. tight, short, bright gold/silver accents,) are probably best to wear in a job that allows you to express your fashion sense unlike a very strict/professional office environment.
- Pencil skirt’s are a great alternative for pants. They come in many different colors, some with belts, buttons and pockets. For certain jobs it may be best to wear stockings/pantyhose underneath them. Remember to have the length of your skirt below or at your knees.
- Ponte pants are way to be professional yet chic. They are stretchy, comfortable pants that are great for a long day at work. You want to make sure that your top is on the professional side and nothing too revealing so you are not mistaken for looking more on the casual side.
- Cardigans are a great alternative for blazer’s. They come in many different sizes and styles and yet still look professional. There are some that are not too heavy or not too thin and are great to wear over a blouse. It is perfect for year-round, for every season.
- Blouses(Tops,) you want to make sure that whatever top you decide to wear that you always look sophisticated and professional. It is okay to be stylish and look great just as long as you still are on the professional side. Also, when going for an interview or working at a job that requires a professional dress code, make sure to not wear such bright and bold colors, unless of course you are working within an industry that is not strict on the dress code. However, it is best to stay safe and wear neutral colors and you can keep it stylish by your jewelry. (Not too flashy.)
- Knit Sweaters are another piece of clothing that comes in many styles, such as a knit sweater dress, oversized knit sweater or a pullover. The one in the picture shows an embellished knit sweater which is not too flashy and appears as necklace on a shirt, so it is still on the professional yet stylish side. Knit sweaters are probably best to be worn during the cooler seasons or if it is a bit cooler at your job.
We hope this list of clothing essentials for work give you more of an idea of what to have in your closet and that these pictures inspire you to use colors and clothing like these when you need to dress professional. – You can always mix and match all of these items to help give you more options on your list of what to wear!
Find these pieces of clothing and more at www.danicestores.com!
By Clarissa Colon