Valentine’s Day… you either love it or hate it!
… Well, this post is for the girls who love it and hate it! I have many friends who feel that being single for Valentine’s Day is like the worst possible thing ever! They choose to stay inside and stay wrapped up on their bed like a ball of depression. I don’t know about some of you girls, but I have to be anything but depressed on Valentine’s Day.
In my past years of being single for Valentine’s Day, I remember being excited and looking forward for the day to come. I kind of looked at the day as “My Day.” I made sure that I looked my best and felt my best. Put on my best outfit, with a tad bit more of make up. I felt great! I was less concerned about others in relationships, because in reality some who are in relationships are not necessarily the happiest. It’s best to focus on yourself and not so much of others. In the past, I have also gone out with my single girl friends. We would plan a whole day together and go watch some movies and eat at a restaurant. We had a lot of laughs and fun! One thing for sure is that you are not the only girl or person in the world who is going to be single on Valentine’s Day. It is a day to celebrate love and how can you forget the love of your family and friends.
I wanted to help give some Valentine’s Day ideas for the girls who are both in a relationship and single. Just because you may not have a significant other, doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate the day and do similar things as those who are in relationships. Below is a list of ideas of what to do on Valentine’s Day and some cute outfit ideas/inspiration.
- In my eyes you can’t go wrong with the classic dinner and movies idea. It can be simple, yet romantic. Nowadays they even have movie theaters where you can do both at the same time!
Perfect attire for a restaurant date :
2. Spa day – What better day to go and get a massage to help you feel relaxed and at ease.
3. Sleepover time ! Single ladies – have a day in with one another. Cook some dinner for each other, have some wine (if old enough,) play some fun games, watch some movies, paint each other’s nails and do each other’s hair and make up, this list of fun can go on and on! Okay for those in a relationship this can go slightly different for you. You can prepare dinner and wine as well, but play some great romantic songs and just enjoy one another’s company.
Sleepover essentials :
4. Iceskating – Have some fun trying to keep your balance in ice skating. Then after, enjoy some hot chocolate and stay cozy and warm.
Look cute and cozy:
5. Why not show off your dance moves and hit the club or a bar, if you’re underage, show off your singing skills and do some karaoke!
Look good while showing off your dancing/singing skills in these cute outfits:
6. Cooking/Painting Class – Show off your creativity while painting and spend some quality time learning how to cook something new! Who knows what news skills you may gain.
7. Get tickets to a musical, concert, basketball game or a comedy show! Be entertained and have fun all night!
Make sure you’re looking your best:
We hope that we helped you with some exciting ideas to do on Valentine’s Day, whether you’re in a relationship or not and inspired you with some outfit ideas.
Happy Valentine’s Day from Danice! ❤
Shop for any of these outfits at your local Danice store or at www.danicestores.com!
By Clarissa Colon